For some time now I have been concerned that women suffering miscarriage in all its forms (threatened miscarriage, incomplete miscarriage, complete miscarriage and recurrent miscarriages) do not have prompt access to a high quality specialist service should they need such care. As a result of these concerns I have established Miscarriage Care.
Miscarriage Care is a comprehensive private specialist service for all aspects of miscarriage care.
Miscarriage Care services include:
Same day service for diagnosis and management of miscarriages, Monday to Friday (although your GP can refer you to me at other times by contacting me directly)
All services provided at one location (Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Barker St Randwick)
Comprehensive empathetic specialist assessment of all women attending with:
- Threatened Miscarriage,
- Incomplete Miscarriage,
- Missed Miscarriage, and
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- The prompt performing of an ultrasound scan either by myself or by my specialised ultrasound colleagues at Ultrasound Care, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick (www.ultrasoundcare.com.au)
- Blood tests performed on site at the laboratory at Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Careful frequent follow up of women with a threatened miscarriage or previous miscarriages (its normal to be anxious about your pregnancy when you have suffered a miscarriage in the past)
- Close follow up and support for women miscarrying spontaneously
If surgery for a miscarriage is required this is performed in a manner that optimises the safety of the procedure, including:
- The procedure being performed by an experienced Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (these procedures are usually conducted by junior doctors in the public system), and
- The procedure being conducted under ultrasound guidance in order to minimise the risk of complications and to maximise the effectiveness of the operation (most doctors perform this operation “blind” without ultrasound).
- Administration of Anti D for women who have a “negative” Blood Group (this is very important because such women are at risk of significant complications in future pregnancies if they do not receive this injection
- The comprehensive assessment, investigation and support of women suffering from recurrent miscarriages.